I’m starting the process of upgrading my MCAD certification.
After some initial confusion I have settled on the following Upgrade path:
- 70-558: Upgrade: MCAD Skills to MCTS Windows Applications by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
- 70-536: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation
- 70-526: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Windows-Based Client Development
- 70-528: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Web-based Client Development
- 70-529: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Distributed Application Development
- 70-549: PRO: Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
70-558 is essentially a bundle of the two exams it covers.
I have a Safari Books Online subscription which is going to be very handy for this. I’ve added the trainning kits for 70-536 and 70-526 to my bookshelf. I don’t particulary like the Microsoft Press books but they should be a good starting point to prepare for the exam. Good thing is I won’t have hard copies to throw away.